Seasonal mood board: Cool, crisp autumn
My favorite fall activities?
Wearing flannel. Cozying up in knits. Switching to hot coffee. Taking Instagram photos of the fallen, fiery leaves.
Below is my fourth seasonal mood board for 2017, which gives life to the crisp vibes of autumn everyone loves.
Hoping this cool and lovely pallette will guide you (and me!) through the fall.
1. Muted textures. These washed-out pumpkins are the perfect colors and remind me of a barrel of pumpkins I saw last year at The Famous Tomato, a fresh market with hot sauces, vintage sodas and other distinct food items, located in Speedway.
2. Nature abstraction. The tones in this art are serene and make me think about cozying down and to paint — or doing any sort of creative DIY project from my "make" Pinterest board (like these gilded agate coasters or this fringe-y, shaggy lumbar pillow) this season.
3. New looks. I'm an avid watcher of all things beauty on YouTube and have been getting inspired by all of the peachy, end-of-summer looks, such as this Too Faced Peaches and Cream GRWM from Stephanie Villa.
4. Jean moment. Catch me layering my Gap denim jacket over graphic tees and sweaters on campus basically every day. (Tip: Gap always has sales, so definitely don't buy it full price. I snagged mine 40 percent off last season.)
5. Crunchy leaves. Last fall, my boyfriend and I went to the Franklin Fall Festival (coming up!) and watched the tail-end of the hilarious Daschund Derby. When we walked back to the food stands, I snapped a video of us holding hands while crunching the fallen leaves. I hope to make more little memories like that this season.
See you this winter for more seasonable inspiration! In the meantime, keep up with my mood boards by following my Pinterest.
xo. — Ashley